Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Rome! I Hear You!



February 15th
Something very interesting happened to me today. I was informed by my dear friend Cassius that I have been distant, and I’ve noticed the accuracy in that statement. I have not been able to see myself, and see the power that Caesar has taken from me. Cassius explained, “Except immortal Caesar, speaking of Brutus and groaning underneath this age’s yoke, have wish'd that noble Brutus had his eyes.” (Act 1, Scene 2, lns. 63-65) Basically, I had to see what was going on in Rome, and now I understand. The triumvirate power has been broken, and it is clear to me that Caesar is now on top. In my response, I told Cassius, “I would not, Cassius. Yet I love him well.” (Act 1, Scene 2, ln. 84) Caesar has been my friend for as long as I could remember, and Cassius’s influence was changing my mind. Rome - I hear you. I understand Cassius’s claims and I am now beginning to see them myself.
After a while, Cassius’s words seemed to be getting to me. It was very unlike him to confess his admiration for me like this. I understood what he wanted me to do, but it was getting overwhelming. What had to be done would be discussed at another time; I knew I had to listen to Cassius and help Rome, but it would take some time to think about his words.



No comments:

Post a Comment