Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Things I Have Realized...

March 14th
I’ve been receiving extremely specific messages pertaining to the power of Caesar. Many dear citizens of Rome have been writing to me, telling me what had to be done to save the country. For example, a letter stated, “Brutus, thou sleep’st. Awake, and see thyself. Shall Rome, etc. Speak, strike, redress!” Am I entreated
To speak and strike? O Rome, I make thee promise, (Act II, Scene 1, lns. 48-59) I’ve heard this from Cassius before, and now the people of Rome have discovered it too! More letters and signs around the Roman Republic have convinced me that there was something clearly wrong. It was going to be my job to take down Caesar before his ego became too large… but how would I do this?
Cassius brought up a brilliant plan to get Decius, Ligarius, Metellis, etc. involved in the abomination of Caesar. Of course, I love Caesar dearly and respect him greatly, but it is obvious that he must be put to rest before he is ruled as king. The plan of killing Caesar was coming along quickly, almost as Cassius had wanted this for different reasons than I. Also, when he brought up the idea of killing Mark Antony as well, my suspicion rose. Antony is not whole without Caesar, so it made no sense to butcher him. It seemed as though Cassius was out for blood, not rejuvenation. However, I was able to convince myself that this plan must be followed through, and it was justified by the security of Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment